Drug treatment of the prostate in men: how to treat and what medicines to use
Men are not used to running to the doctor at the slightest trouble. At first they hide their ailments, then try to cope on their own, and when they have no more strength to endure, they go to the hospital. With prostatitis, this should not be done, because the disease progresses and causes the development of irreversible processes. This is a fairly serious disease that can be quickly cured, you only need to see a doctor on time. How to deal with prostatitis and which methods are most effective?
Types of inflammation and causes
What is the prostate? This is a very important organ for any man; it is not for nothing that she is called a second heart. The prostate plays a large role in sexual life, because it produces a special secret that affects the quality of sperm.
Anatomically, the prostate is located under the bladder, encircling the urethra, and problems with it can affect normal urination. Therefore, the question of how to get rid of prostatitis is of interest to many.
In men from 20 to 50 years old, inflammation of the prostate is often observed. The higher the age, the greater the risk. Most types of the disease occur with mild symptoms, they are often attributed to general malaise and fatigue. Meanwhile, inflammation of the prostate in men develops and causes more and more harm. In the most advanced cases, the formation of malignant tumors and infertility is possible. Therefore, it is important to know how to treat inflammation in the early stages.
At the beginning of the development of the disease, treatment can be carried out at home, the main thing is that the doctor accurately determine the type of prostatitis and prescribe a course of treatment. After patients recover, relapse is observed in 50% of them, so it is very important to adhere to the general rules and not to forget about preventive measures.
The main types of prostatitis in the prostate gland in men:
- Acute. It is quite rare, but develops sharply and acutely. The patient is hospitalized and conduct all therapeutic measures in a hospital.
- Chronic bacterial. This disease occurs in approximately 30% of patients. Its deceit is that the symptoms either appear or disappear without any treatment. The patient does not recover, the disease continues to spread and can lead to the formation of stones, purulent foci, and even oncology.
- Chronic inflammation of the prostate is also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome. It is accompanied by prolonged pain in the pelvis and is diagnosed by exclusion.
- Asymptomatic prostatitis. Men do not even suspect that they are sick until they pass urine for analysis at a routine examination. With this type of inflammation in the urine, a high content of white blood cells and bacteria is observed.
- Chronic granulomatous. It can be caused by treatment with pharmaceutical drugs or irradiation of the gland. Substitution of the gland tissue for connective tissue is observed, and the prostate itself ceases to function.
There are plenty of reasons for the development of prostate disease in men:
- violent sex life or its absence,
- sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work,
- a variety of sexually transmitted infections
- frequent hypothermia,
- genitourinary infection
- gland injuries
- bad habits,
- excess weight,
- improper diet and daily routine
- frequent stresses
- chronic constipation
- hormonal disruptions.
How can prostatitis be cured? Only by eliminating the cause of the disease. Men with strong immunity are less likely to develop prostatitis.
Treatment for inflammation of the prostate
Absolutely all patients are interested in how to get rid of chronic prostatitis forever and not remember about it anymore. At an early stage of the disease, conservative treatment of the prostate is performed. If the size of the gland is greatly increased, and it can not cope with its function, surgery is possible.
How to treat inflammation of the prostate gland in men so that you do not have to consult a surgeon? After all, after surgery, the consequences can be more serious, and the rehabilitation period itself will cause a lot of trouble. How to treat inflammation with conservative methods?
Therapy consists of the use of medicines, physiotherapeutic procedures, massage and special exercises that improve blood flow to the body. New methods include the introduction of stem cells into the tissue of the prostate gland, the use of a laser. But many are wary of such treatment, because everything new is difficult to trust. Complicated by the fact that this type of therapy is available only to a small number of men due to the high price or lack of a special treatment center in the community.
Important! Doctors recommend using several methods at the same time. For example, electrophoresis and massage increase the permeability of glandular tissue and improve blood circulation, which contributes to a faster recovery.
Acute chronic inflammation of the prostate makes itself felt suddenly, catches a man by surprise. What to do in such cases and what kind of prostatitis medicine can be given to alleviate the condition?
Acute prostatitis is treated permanently. Symptoms are pronounced and without the help of doctors can not do.
- An acute sensation of an overflowing bladder that cannot be completely emptied. During attempts to urinate, the patient experiences severe pain.
- Most patients have a fever, chills and general weakness.
- The pain extends to the perineum, lower abdomen, upper thighs and lower back.
- Possible pain in the head of the penis.
To temporarily alleviate the condition of the patient, you can use:
- Diclofenac. An excellent drug for relieving severe pain, has an anti-inflammatory effect. In acute inflammation of the prostate, suppositories that have a local effect, and also reduce temperature and swelling, are most often used.
- Nimesil. A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug relieves pain, normalizes body temperature.
- No-shpa. This medicine is not able to cope with severe pain in acute prostatitis, but muscle cramps are observed during the attack. Relieving cramps, the patient's condition improves.
- Novocaine. The drug is administered to those who are diagnosed with prostate adenoma and prostate inflammation. May cause an allergic reaction. Use with extreme caution.
Only a specialist knows how to treat a prostate medically without harm to health, because each drug has a number of contraindications along with its benefits. You should not prescribe treatment yourself and apply any medications for a long time. With special care to any drugs should be treated men with chronic diseases.
Drug treatment of the prostate
How to treat the prostate and what medicines will be needed? Drug treatment consists of several groups of drugs. Inflammation of the prostate is a serious disease, therefore, requires complex therapy. Antibiotics are used to eliminate bacterial infections.
- Amoxiclav 1000 mg - antibiotic, refers to protected penicillins. Take twice a day for 7-10 days. The price of the drug is 400 rubles. and higher.
- Augmentin - protected penicillins, consumed 2 times a day strictly in time (for example, at 8 am and 8 pm). The price of a medicine is from 600 rubles.
- Ceftriaxone belongs to cephalosporins 3 generations. Assign a course of 7-10 days. Intramuscularly - 2 times a day, intravenously - 1 time. The price of the drug ranges from 150 rubles.
- Cefipim is an antibiotic that belongs to 4 generations of cephalosporins. Assign a course of 5 to 7 days. The price in pharmacies starts from 150 rubles. per ampoule.
- Amikacin belongs to the group of aminoglycosides. Intramuscular injections are prescribed once a day. The course of treatment is 5-7 days. The price for 1 ampoule in a pharmacy is from 50 rubles.
- Ciprofloxacin belongs to fluoroquinolones of the 2nd generation. The daily dose is 400 mg, prescribed for 7-14 days, twice a day. The price is from 50 rubles. per ampoule.
- Levofloxacin belongs to the group of 3 generation fluoroquinolones. The course consists of 5 days, 1 tablet of 500 mg per day. The price of the drug is from 600 rubles.
- Azithromycin belongs to macrolides. The daily dose is 500-1000 mg, taken 5-14 days. The price of the drug is from 70 rubles. for 3 capsules of 500 mg.
How to relieve inflammation of the prostate and relieve pain at the same time? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs will help. The most common are:
- Diclofenac. Intramuscularly injected in 3 ml once a day, the course of treatment for at least 5 days. The price of the drug in pharmacies is from 60 rubles.
- Meloxicam. Intramuscularly administered for 7-10 days, 1.5 ml 1-2 times a day. For it will have to give in a pharmacy from 120 rubles.
- Nimesulide is also taken 1 tablet 1-2 times a day for a week. The price of the drug is from 200 rubles.
When non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are not enough, and improvement does not occur, the patient is prescribed to take hormonal drugs for inflammation of the prostate gland:
- Dexamethasone. Intramuscularly administered in 2 ml for 1-3 days. The cost of 130 rubles.
- Prednisone. The drug is administered once a day for 40-80 ml. the course of treatment should not exceed 30 days. Price from 33 rub. for 3 ampoules.
Alpha blockers are also prescribed. These drugs do not treat the prostate, but significantly improve the patient's condition. They relax the smooth muscles of the gland and facilitate the process of urination. These include:
- Terazosin is one of the most inexpensive drugs (within 200 rubles).
- Tamsulosin (Omnik) is one of the most common (650-750 rubles).
- Silodozin (Urorek) - one of the new and effective drugs (from 750 rubles).
Also, the doctor may recommend taking No-shpa and Baralgin to reduce pain. Many urologists also recommend a vitamin complex.
This procedure is prescribed in parallel with the main treatment. The healing properties of magnetotherapy:
- acceleration of cell renewal,
- improved blood flow
- removal of puffiness,
- reduction of negative symptoms of the disease.
Magnetotherapy is prescribed to patients even with advanced forms of the disease.
To cure inflammation of the prostate in men, external, point (acupuncture) and intrarectal laser therapy are used. When an external doctor acts on the perineum for 1-2.5 minutes. With acupuncture, they act on biologically active points that are responsible for the prostate gland. When an intrarectal laser is injected through the rectum and acts on the gland. Treatment is designed for 10-12 sessions.
Treatment of prostatitis in men with UHF is carried out in two ways: transverse and longitudinal. Most often, the first type is prescribed, since electrodes located on different sides of the body affect not only the prostate, but also the nearest organs.
After such procedures, it is noted:
- phagocytic activity,
- reduction of inflammatory processes,
- cells that are responsible for the regeneration of connective tissue are activated,
- metabolism improves
- tissue permeability increases.
Important! UHF is not used in the presence of malignant tumors, as they begin to grow faster. The procedure can also cause burns or bleeding.
During this procedure, the patient is exposed to the affected area with electric pulses with a random change in frequency or direct current. After several sessions, spasmodic muscles relax, urination improves. Low frequencies most gently affect the prostate. Each of these procedures has its pros and cons. Do not forget about contraindications. Therefore, any of the physiotherapeutic procedures is carried out after the examination and as directed by the doctor.
How to treat prostatitis in men with massage? It is recommended as an effective way to get rid of congestion in the gland. Also, during the massage, the doctor can palpate the organ, its size and density. Massage helps:
- restore duct obstruction,
- improve blood circulation in the prostate and muscle tone,
- the drugs used penetrate the body tissues faster and, accordingly, begin to act faster,
- activate the body's defenses.
It is important for every man to know how to treat prostatitis using this procedure. The first massage session is best done by a doctor. The patient should trust him so that he can relax as much as possible.
This will help to massage with maximum efficiency and minimal pain. Perform the manipulations when the patient is in the elbow-elbow position, lying on his side, on his back with legs apart or standing, legs spread wide. If the procedure was successful, at least a few drops of secret should stand out. With stagnant forms of prostatitis, massage helps to cope with the disease faster.
Alternative methods of treating prostatitis
Folk recipes are not a fast-acting remedy. To speed up the process, it is recommended that they supplement the main treatment, and not replace it. What helps with prostatitis daily, and what is the course?
Men suffering from this ailment are advised to drink asparagus juice. If you take at least 500 mg per day, then soon you can feel a positive result.
No less famous is propolis, or rather alcohol tincture or rectal suppositories from it. They can be bought at a pharmacy or at beekeepers. Use twice a day for 21 days. Then you should take a break.
Goose cinquefoil is also used as a diuretic. An excellent tool in the fight against inflammation of the prostate is considered a shepherd’s bag. The seeds are crushed (15 g), a decoction is prepared for 0.5 liters of water and used in a tablespoon 5-6 times a day.
Whatever the man decides to fight the problem, before starting treatment with folk remedies, you need to undergo an examination and consult a doctor. After all, even the most harmless recipes for prostatitis can cause great harm to health.
Supplements for prostatitis
How to treat prostatitis in men is not a new problem. Oriental medicine offers the stronger sex natural preparations and extracts. Chinese, Thai, Indian manufacturers claim that the nutrients in them are in such quantities that they can easily replace any pharmacy drug. Among dietary supplements you can find both a natural antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory agent.
But do not risk your health, because clinical trials have not been conducted with these drugs. All useful properties indicated in the instructions are confirmed by positive reviews only in advertising booklets.
Important! Supplements are not a cure. It can only be used as an adjuvant with the main treatment.
It helps to replenish the body with useful substances, vitamins and minerals. Also, dietary supplements activate metabolic processes.
How to get rid of prostatitis with its help? Ayurveda is an alternative treatment for male disease. It is based on the proper use of the gifts of nature (herbs and plants), as well as on the implementation of special exercises that help to find balance. Treatment of prostatitis in men with Ayurveda is based on determining the causes of the disease. This is the only way to get rid of it faster.
Before starting treatment of the gland according to all the canons of Ayurveda, an imbalance in doshas (a special energy of the body) is determined in a man. Most often, inflammation of the prostate occurs due to imbalance of the vata. To get rid of the problem, it is recommended that you take Co Palmetto tablets. Particular attention should be paid to diet, to use herbs: guggul, atmagupta, ball and marshmallow. You also need to consume more garlic and onions.
This method is based on reducing stress and anxiety in men who provoke muscle spasms in the pelvic area with prostatitis. This method has no contraindications and side effects. It can be used together with the main treatment.
Meditation does not require any special skills or equipment. This method quickly gives positive results and, if you deal with it as a preventive measure, then you can forget about prostatitis for quite some time.
Fast-acting prostatitis medicine
Urologists prefer to prescribe suppositories for men for rectal administration. They have a number of important advantages: they act directly at the injection site, penetrate the prostate tissue, do not adversely affect the body, including the gastrointestinal tract, and act for a long time. There is also a significant minus - candles are not able to quickly remove inflammation, because they have to overcome many barriers to dissolution. Experts note that this form of anti-inflammatory drugs is effective for prolonged and systemic therapy.
Rectal suppositories for prostatitis
The composition of suppositories from prostatitis can include several components that not only stop inflammation, but also improve blood circulation, destroy bacteria, promote tissue regeneration, anesthetize, and restore urination. The combined preparation may contain:
- sea buckthorn oil,
The following drugs are most popular:
Suppositories for rectal administration based on diclofenac. Absorbed through intestinal tissue, penetrating directly into the inflamed gland. The analgesic effect occurs approximately one hour after administration. Method of application: one candle in the morning and evening is inserted into the anus as deep as possible until completely dissolved. No more than 150 mg of active substance is allowed per day.
It belongs to the group of drugs - phytoprostatoprotectors. These are candles based on natural ingredients: propolis, bee bread, honey, royal jelly. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect, normalizes the process of urination, destroys pathogenic microflora, and prevents prostatic hyperplasia. The suppository is administered once a day before going to bed. The duration of the treatment course is at least 2 weeks. Side effects rarely occur, usually in the form of a skin allergy of the perianal region.
An agent containing prostate extract and the antibacterial component lomefloxacin. As a result of application, inflammation, swelling is eliminated, bacteria are destroyed, pain is reduced, the composition of the prostatic secretion is improved. Candles are placed rectally after cleansing measures. The procedure is performed once a day, preferably before bedtime. The duration of therapy is at least 10 days.
NSAIDs alone cannot cure prostatitis. Chronic pathology is often accompanied by a bacterial process that is stopped exclusively with antibiotics. And the acute form is manifested by strong and painful symptoms, which must be alleviated with medication. A complex treatment regimen for prostate inflammation may include:
- antibiotics - have a powerful bactericidal effect, destroying the pathogenic microflora of the gland (Ciprofloxacin, Amoxiclav, Levofloxacin),
- analgesics and antispasmodics - anesthetize and eliminate spasms of muscles and sphincter (Nurofen, Drotaverin, Buscopan),
- alpha-adrenergic blocking agents - facilitate urination and outflow of urine ("Doxazosin", "Tamsulosin", "Omnic"),
- muscle relaxants - relieve tension in the gland, reduce soreness ("Diazepam", "Baclofen", "Midokalm"),
- hormones - restore the hormonal background and sexual strength of a man ("Omnadren", "Flutamide"),
- phytopreparations - auxiliary natural remedies, the so-called dietary supplements (“Prostamol Uno”, “Tandenan”, “Tykveol”).
Successful and quick recovery is impossible without additional physiotherapy, diet and a healthy lifestyle, moderate activity and good mood. Follow all doctor's prescriptions, take the prescribed medications correctly and be healthy!
How to treat prostatitis in men with medication? Today, there are many areas of treatment, however, the standard treatment regimen for prostatitis is based on the priority use of antibiotic therapy.
Antibiotics for the treatment of prostatitis are prescribed taking into account the sensitivity analysis.
What drugs are better to take with prostatitis?
The most popular: Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Oxytetracycline, Doxycycline, Oxacillin, Ampicillin.
The course of antibiotic therapy can last from 6 to 12 weeks, while one drug can be replaced by another or two drugs are used immediately. Everything is strictly individual. If an infectious agent is not detected, then drugs with a wide spectrum of action are used.
The disease is dangerous with its consequences, which can be varied and not very encouraging. The acute phase is dangerous for the development of an abscess of the prostate gland. The chronic phase is a later danger - sclerosis of the prostate, when the tissue of the prostate gland is replaced by scars, and this leads to wrinkling and a decrease in the size of the prostate.
The prostate gland is the center for the production of male sex hormones, which allows men to match this word and feel like men. The glandular tissue of the prostate gland produces prostatic fluid - the secretion of the prostate and sex hormones.
Inflammation of the prostate gland often leads to a violation of sexual function, negatively affects the formation of male germ cells - spermatogenesis.
Sex hormones protect a man not only from male insolvency, but also prevent the development of atherosclerosis and myocardial infarction, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. The prostate gland is part of the reproductive system in which primordial male functions are concentrated.
With inflammation of the prostate gland, the secretion of the prostate changes its properties, which negatively affects sexual activity, which varies to varying degrees. As a rule, accelerated ejaculation appears, libido decreases, potency tends to fade.
Often the disease does not pass without a trace, but contributes to the spread of inflammation to neighboring organs: the seminal vesicles, seminal tubercle, testicles and their appendages. Their proximity to the excretory ducts of the prostate causes infection.
Complications such as vesiculitis - inflammation of the seminal vesicles, colliculitis - inflammation of the seminal tubercle, inflammation of the vas deferens are due to the peculiarities of the anatomical structure of men.
With a long course, sperm fertility is impaired, their motor function suffers until complete immobility, and their quantitative and qualitative production is impaired. Violated the patency for sperm along the vas deferens. And this is a direct path to male infertility, the treatment of which, if possible, is very difficult and lengthy.
The presence in the center of the pelvis of a permanent inflammatory focus surrounding the urinary system and intestines contributes to the spread of inflammation to neighboring pelvic organs. As a result, new foci of infection appear: chronic pyelonephritis, cystitis - inflammation of the bladder, colitis.
Inflammation of the prostate creates problems that are absolutely not commensurate with its size. Prostatitis reduces immunity and can negate the body's defenses. Therefore, prostatitis requires treatment and preventive measures.
Those representatives of a strong half of humanity who are faced with this problem should contact a urologist in a timely manner and follow the recommendations.
Conducts a full examination of the body and draws conclusions based on the results. He has extensive experience both in the application of traditional medicine and in folk methods. The main focus of alternative treatment is hirudotherapy.
Before prescribing drugs, a man needs to be tested to find out what caused the inflammation. It is important that the treatment be carried out until complete recovery. This allows you to avoid relapse, complications, the transition of prostatitis into a chronic form. Doctors have a comprehensive effect on the disease. The following tools apply:
- rectal suppositories
- instillation - filling the internal cavity with medicine,
- prostate massage,
- infusion therapy for intoxication.
It is difficult to single out the best cure for prostatitis - there is a large selection of drugs with a variety of effects:
- pills - you need to take it by the oral method, they kill germs, relieve cramps, reduce pain, eliminate depression,
- injections - the medicine is injected into the muscle, vein, quickly enters the body, acts anti-inflammatory, stimulates the immune system,
- suppositories - are placed in the rectum, anesthetize, have antibacterial properties.
- The body temperature rises sharply, up to 38-39 degrees.
- Urination is frequent, sharp pain (pain) and a weak stream are characteristic.
- There is a burning sensation in the inguinal region, which intensifies after urination and defecation, and discomfort in the rectal region after visiting the toilet.
- When the inflammation develops into purulent, purulent fluid may be released from the urethra or rectum.
- The patient feels weakness, general malaise, headaches are possible.
- Frequent urination due to incomplete emptying of the bladder.
- Increased nervousness, psycho-emotional stress.
Signs of chronic prostatitis include the following:
- Chronic inflammation often has an asymptomatic course, clinical signs are sometimes mild or not at all expressed. Patients often do not consider it necessary to consult a doctor in connection with poorly experienced discomfort.
- Difficulty urinating, which can lead to its complete cessation. The patient feels that the bladder is not completely empty.
- Burning in the urethra and anus, sometimes mild pain that quickly passes.
- Purulent discharge at the end of urination or defecation.
- General weakness, tired state.
The most popular drugs for the treatment of prostatitis
- Candles Also called suppositories. Their effectiveness is due to the fact that they act in close proximity to the focus of inflammation. Useful are Vitaprost, Papaverine.
- Pills and capsules. The classic form of medications that help cure prostate inflammation. Capsules and tablets are taken orally in order to relieve pain, eliminate bacterial infections.
- Solutions for injection. This includes injections and droppers. Due to intramuscular or intravenous administration, medicinal substances penetrate the body faster. For this reason, injections and infusions are used for severe intoxication. Among the commonly used injectable solutions are Prostatilen and Timalin.
- Microclysters. Rather, these are procedures that involve the introduction of a medicinal solution into the rectum with a small pear. As solutions for microclysters, a decoction of chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort or motherwort is used. Peach, sunflower and sea buckthorn oils are also useful.
With prostatitis, etiotropic therapy is used, prescribed depending on the cause of the disease. In most patients, bacteria provoke this disease, so the treatment regimen involves the use of antibiotics. In addition to etiotropic, all men are prescribed symptomatic therapy to relieve certain signs of the disease: inflammation, pain during urination, cramps, blood clots, weakened immunity. The following categories of drugs help eliminate the cause of prostatitis and its symptoms:
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics (write about fluoroquinolones, penicillin and tetracycline groups, macrolides). Drugs in this group act on bacteria that provoke inflammation of the prostate gland. Fluoroquinolone antibiotics such as Levofloxacin and Ofloxacin are considered the first line of choice. Due to the development of photosensitization in some patients, a decrease in glucose and heart rhythm disturbances, penicillins (Flemoxin Solutab, Amoxicillin), macrolides (Azithromycin, Sumamed), cephalosporins (Kefzol, Cefazolin) and tetracyclines (Oxytetracycline, Mino) are prescribed instead of these drugs.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. These fast-acting prostatitis medicines reduce the effect of androgens on the prostate. This property is especially necessary for prostate adenoma. It is possessed by the substances finasteride and dutasteride, on which Avodart, Alfinal are based.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They help reduce the inflammatory process, lower the temperature, and eliminate pain. Known in this category are Ibuprofen, Nise, Nimesil.
- Rectal suppositories. An antibiotic for prostatitis is also prescribed in the form of suppositories, for example, Rifampicin and Vitaprost Plus. Symptoms of the disease help treat anti-inflammatory (Voltaren, Diclofenac) used for prevention (Diclovit, Longidaza) and suppositories with anesthetic (Suppositories with propolis, Indomethacin).
- Alpha blockers. Eliminate pain due to relaxation of the smooth muscles of the urethra and bladder neck. Such an action is provided by Silodozin, Tamsulosin.
- Muscle relaxants. Otherwise called myotropic antispasmodics. Such drugs as No-shpa and Midokalm reduce the tone and motor activity of the smooth muscles of internal organs.
- Means for improving blood circulation. Stagnation in the pelvis is prevented by Trental and Cavinton.
- Herbal preparations and vitamins. They are necessary for the general strengthening of immunity and the body. For this purpose, Kombilipen injections, pumpkin seed oil, and Fitadiol suppositories are used.
Do not take medication for prostate without a doctor’s recommendation. Only by appointment of a urologist. With prostate adenoma, you need to contact the andrologist if it is available in this clinic, in the absence - also to the urologist. An oncologist prescribes drugs to treat the prostate.
With an integrated approach, many doctors advise using not one tool, but several.
You can not prescribe them yourself, because medications may not suit you or have the opposite effect.
Here are some tips when choosing the right combination:
- Use diclofenac if the pain becomes unbearable or very severe. Be careful with overdoses and the form of the drug: if you are prescribed suppositories for prostatitis, choose injections or tablets.
- If you use antibiotics, you can use additional microclysters: they are based on the introduction into the anus of decoctions of medicinal herbs that help the body recover as soon as possible.
Any complex helps to increase the chances of recovery, as well as get rid of side effects.
There are fast-acting inexpensive medications for prostatitis:
- Voltaren - the average price is 230 rubles,
- Afala - 300 rubles in social pharmacies,
- Phthalamide - 200 rubles.
Remember that whatever the price of treatment is, your health is priceless and always needs to be maintained.
To choose an effective remedy, it is necessary to take into account the form in which prostatitis occurs. The success of treatment depends on this. In the acute form of the disease, antibiotics are prescribed. The drug, the duration of the course, the doctor selects - it all depends on the results of the tests, the causes of prostatitis. The acute process is accompanied by:
- high temperature
- purulent discharge
- pain in the inguinal zone
- urge to urinate.
If prostatitis is not treated, it has become chronic, pulling pains in the organs of the genitourinary system, decreased potency, irritability, and insomnia will be observed. In this situation, drugs that improve blood flow, relieve pain, swelling, inflammation, and antimicrobials will be effective. Doctors use:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
When the treatment process has been successfully completed to prevent relapse, to maintain the normal functioning of the prostate gland, doctors recommend the use of an effective plant-based remedy - Honey Cran. This American drug for prostatitis:
- activates the immune system
- enhances protective functions,
- Helps the body itself to combat infections of the genitourinary system.
All drugs that are prescribed by the attending physician can be divided into several categories according to the method of application:
- Tablets and capsules - taken orally, moderately absorbed by the body, in the case of capsules, absorption is much faster, since all components reach their destination after a short period of time after dissolution of the gelatin shell.
- Injections can be either liquid or powder preparations, which are subsequently diluted in a working fluid, usually an anesthetic, injected intramuscularly or intravenously, and the effect can be seen after a few minutes.
- Rectal suppositories (suppositories) - have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and analgesic effects, are administered to the patient in the rectum when he is on his side, and in this position he needs to spend about half an hour to completely dissolve and absorb the drug.
- Instillations - a group of drugs that has the maximum positive effect only in the case of direct entry into the area of the affected prostate gland, the method is used in a hospital, as the introduction is through the urethra.
- Microclysters - as a rule, non-medication medicines, such as herbal decoctions, are included here; they are not able to replace drug therapy, but can be a good tool for eliminating pain or prevention.
It is worth noting that some types of medications can be sold in several forms at once, for example, tablets and suppositories, so the attending physician must necessarily indicate this characteristic.
Treatment of prostatitis with medications is a rather complicated procedure, requiring the doctor to select the right drugs that will not only relieve pain and eliminate other symptoms with manifestations, but also help eliminate the root cause of the disease. The disease itself can also have a different origin, manifest in acute or chronic forms, and deliver the most diverse spectrum of inconveniences for the patient, limiting it both in natural affairs and thus lead to complete infertility.
In the treatment of prostatitis, classic tablets, intramuscular injections and suppositories for rectal administration can be used. The choice of drug depends on the urgency of the delivery of its components to the affected organ. Consider the most popular drugs used to treat prostate inflammation.
Afala is distributed in the form of tablets, and the average duration of treatment is 16 weeks. The patient needs to take 2 tablets of the drug, 2 times a day, and in acute prostatitis, the number of doses increases to 4.
The tool itself has the following effects on the body:
- relieves pain
- stops and eliminates inflammation,
- relieves swelling of the prostate gland,
- restores the functions of the body,
- normalizes the outflow of urine and eliminates disorders affecting the process of urination.
Afala should not be taken in the presence of tumor diseases of the prostate gland, signs of necrosis and allergic reactions to the drug or its individual components. The medicine belongs to the homeopathic group, therefore it does not have a negative effect on the body.
On the shelves of pharmacies Vitaprost can be found both in the form of tablets, and in the form of rectal suppositories. The main ingredient of the drug is an extract of prostate of animal origin. As a rule, this remedy is prescribed during severe pain in chronic prostatitis, as well as in its acute form. Vitaprost is also recommended as a prophylactic drug.
Tableted anti-inflammatory drugs for prostatitis
Pills for prostatitis are convenient to use. It is only necessary to drink one dragee and literally in 20-30 minutes significant relief will come. They are very effective as an emergency in high temperature and severe pain syndrome. But there is one important nuance: with prolonged use, a negative effect on the gastrointestinal tract and kidneys is noted. Therefore, they are prescribed by a doctor according to a strict dosing schedule.
Most often in urology NSAIDs are used based on ibuprofen, ketoprofen, diclofenac. From them there is the least amount of side effects and the best anti-inflammatory effect.
The active substance is diclofenac sodium in an amount of 50 mg or 100 mg. It relieves heat and aches in the body well, reduces the intensity of the inflammatory process, significantly reduces tissue swelling and soreness. Take 1 tablet no more than 3 times a day, preferably with meals (in order to reduce irritation of the gastric mucosa). The maximum dose per day should not exceed 150 mg. Contraindicated in peptic ulcer and hematopoiesis problems.
Dicloberl injection for prostatitis
Ibuprofen-based anti-inflammatory capsules contain 300 mg of active ingredient. They have an antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Dosage for adults: 1-2 capsules twice a day, not more than 4 capsules per day. It should not be taken with allergies, gastrointestinal pathologies, hematopoiesis, liver and kidney dysfunction.
NSAIDs from the group of ketoprofen, a derivative of propionic acid. Quickly absorbed in the digestive tract, has a long analgesic effect. Available in tablets and capsules of various concentrations. The recommended intake regimen involves 1 tablet 2 times a day after meals. For stopping an acute attack, a single use is sufficient. Against the background of prolonged use, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, nausea, headache, bleeding, hearing and vision impairment may occur.
The treatment of prostatitis is not limited to a list of several drugs. Specialists can also use other types of medicines of different categories.
Cephalosporins are antimicrobial agents designed to combat specific types of bacteria. With prostatitis, the attending physician may prescribe:
Ceftriaxone already mentioned above also belongs to this group. Such drugs can be both broad and directed spectrum of action, and the need for the use of a particular tool depends on the form of the disease and the cause of its occurrence.
Macrolides are rarely used in the treatment of prostatitis, as they are intended to combat certain types of bacteria, such as mycoplasmas and chlamydia. By the way, a disease such as chlamydia is often accompanied by prostatitis, so doctors prescribe several tests at once to identify problems with the prostate gland in the early stages.
Popular macrolides are:
In acute manifestations of prostatitis, the attending physician can prescribe several drugs of various categories at once. This approach allows you to effectively deal with both the symptoms and the disease itself.
The vast majority of analgesics are prescribed in the presence of acute pain, which is an integral companion of chronic, but often exacerbated forms of prostatitis. Administering drugs belonging to this group outside the framework of drug therapy aimed at eliminating the disease is not strictly recommended, as the body quickly gets used to them, and to achieve an analgesic effect, an increase in the dose will be necessary, which can negatively affect the liver and kidneys. The course of analgesics is prescribed individually.
The main task of these groups of drugs is to relieve tension from spasmodic muscles of the bladder, urethral canal, and also reduce pressure in the pelvic area. These funds help get rid of discomfort and normalize the process of urination. The most popular products in this category are Baclofen and No-Shpa.
Such preparations basically contain natural components, in the case of prostatitis, extracts based on tissues of the prostate gland of cattle. Regardless of the drug, they all have a common principle of action, allowing:
- slow down the course of inflammatory processes,
- increase the tone of smooth muscles and the walls of the bladder,
- minimize the possibility of blood clots,
- improve blood circulation in the prostate gland,
- reduce prostate volumes.
Immunomodulators can be used for a number of diseases, including chronic prostatitis, acute non-infectious prostatitis, prostate adenoma.
In addition, such drugs are actively used for preventive purposes, which helps to avoid the occurrence of the disease or its relapse.
Means that fall into these categories can reduce inflammation, improve fluid outflow and relieve stagnation. The need for such drugs is also due to insufficient intake of useful nutrients in the body, especially during a course of antibiotics. These groups include:
Prostatitis is a rather complicated disease, the treatment of which should be done only by a real specialist. Self-selection of drugs is strictly not recommended, since with this approach there is a high share of the likelihood of complications in the form of infertility, impotence, and even the risk of developing cancer.
It is also necessary to remember that most of the medicines used to treat prostatitis are toxic enough, and some types are simply incompatible. If you feel pain in the pelvic area during urination, defecation or ejaculation, often go to the toilet and cannot normally empty the bladder, do not risk it - consult a doctor.
The most effective cure for prostatitis caused by a bacterial infection is antibiotics. Self-medication in this case is unacceptable. There are several groups of drugs that differ in their effect on microorganisms. Before prescribing the necessary funds for treatment, the doctor should:
- make a correct diagnosis based on tests,
- prescribe antibiotics depending on the sensitivity of bacteria to drugs,
- determine by the form of the disease how long the course of treatment will be.
Commonly prescribed prostatitis medications with antibacterial effect:
- Fluoroquinolones - are highly effective - Tavanic, Tsifran. They act quickly, can not be prescribed for the tuberculosis cause of the disease.
- Penicillins with a strong antibacterial effect - Augmentin, Amoxiclav.
- Cephalosporins - administered intramuscularly - Kefadim, Ceftriaxone,
- Macrolides - counteract many bacteria - Zitrolide, Fromilide.
How to defeat prostatitis with a thin needle? This method is referred to the placebo method, but it helped many to get rid of the disease, which means it has the right to exist. The master introduces special needles into biologically active places, which contributes to:
- improve oxygen metabolism in the prostate,
- improve blood circulation in the pelvic organs,
- stimulation of lymph outflow,
- elimination of stagnant processes in the gland.
Such treatment of prostatitis in men gives a result after a 4-6 session. There are a number of contraindications, so you should consult with a specialist before starting treatment.
How to treat prostatitis in men with this not the most pleasant method? During a bite, a leech releases a special substance into the body of a man - hirudin. It reduces blood coagulation, reduces the risk of blood clots. When the worm absorbs blood, the volume of circulating blood decreases, this helps to reduce stagnant processes.
Leeches are applied to special biologically active zones, which helps to activate the body's defenses. It will take about 10 sessions to achieve the goal.
The main difficulty in diagnosing prostate diseases is the symptoms and the clinical picture in most of them is exactly the same. The main symptom that a man has started one of the following prostate diseases is difficulty urinating. They arise from the fact that an enlarged iron compresses the channel of the ureter.
The following prostate pathologies are distinguished.
They were ill or sick half of all men. Basically, prostatitis occurs in men over the age of forty-five.
- acute infectious
- chronic infectious
- chronic non-bacterial,
- chronic asymptomatic prostatitis.
The most common cause of prostatitis is a bacterial infection. Prostatitis and methods of its treatment are devoted to many articles of this resource.
An example of an effective prostate medicine is a list:
- Ceftriaxone antibiotic injections
- an injection of the non-steroid "Ketorolac" to relieve acute pain,
- Dalfaz tablets to improve urination,
- complex injection "Prostatilen".
Prostate adenoma is an increase in prostate size due to a benign tumor in it. With the development of the disease, prostate cells are gradually replaced by connective tissue. An enlarged prostate compresses the ureter.
This is an age-related disease of the prostate, male menopause. The first signs may appear in thirty to forty years, half of patients older than 65 suffer precisely from adenoma.
When proceeding in its pure form, the disease is different:
- lack of pain in the pelvic area,
- blood in the urine
- increased difficulty urinating,
- frequent urges, especially at night,
- a weak, intermittent stream of urine,
- a feeling of constant fullness of the bladder, even after leaving the toilet.
These symptoms may increase or decrease, often regardless of the course and availability of treatment.
Their strengthening is observed:
- under stress
- alcohol intake
- parallel disease of prostatitis.
Tablets from the prostate (name) in the first stage of prostate adenoma:
- antibiotic "Levorin",
- injection of the non-steroid "Ketorolac" to relieve pain,
- Dalfaz tablets to improve urination,
- complex injection "Prostatilen",
- "Interferon" to improve immunity,
- "Finasteride" (tablets) - a hormonal drug from the prostate for men,
- means for improving blood circulation "Trental",
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitor doxazosin.
Vesiculitis (acute, chronic) - inflammation of the vesicles (seminal vesicles), which affects the condition of the prostate. It is usually a complication of untreated urethritis, prostatitis, and gonorrhea disease.
In the acute form, the patient feels pain during bowel movements, ejaculation, notices drops of blood in seminal fluid. The temperature rises. The chronic form is accompanied by dull pain in different places of the pelvis, when urinating.
It is treated with antibiotics, drugs from the macrolide and fluorochonolone groups. Anesthetics, laxative, bed rest are prescribed. Suppurations are removed by surgery.
After normalizing the temperature, physiotherapy is recommended:
- hot baths
- heating pads
- massage through the rectum of the seminal vesicles.
In the absence of result - puncture of the vesicles, their washing, massage.
Rehabilitation after treatment of prostatitis
When the prostatitis was defeated, a logical question arises: what should be done so that the disease does not return? As soon as a man feels better, he completely forgets about all the recommendations of the doctors and continues to live as before.
An ideal place for rehabilitation is a specialized sanatorium. It is recommended to go through a number of procedures:
- water aerobics
This will help to train all the important muscles and get rid of residual inflamed foci. You can also use paraffin therapy. Do not forget about the use of prescribed drugs and should be put in order in sexual life. It is recommended to walk more in the fresh air, have a good rest, and review your diet.
Since it is realistic to cure prostatitis, while it may never return, you need to take the disease seriously. At the first symptoms, you should consult a doctor, and all men after forty should undergo a scheduled examination by a urologist. Treatment for each type of prostatitis may differ, so you should not self-medicate and spend time on dubious procedures and medications. Only a doctor after a thorough and comprehensive examination can prescribe an adequate treatment for inflammation of the prostate.
Prostate cancer is a malignant neoplasm. Most often, men over eighty. The cause of the occurrence is not exactly established. An increased incidence was noted in individuals whose relatives suffered from this syndrome, as well as men, in the diet of which animal fats occupy a large place.
At an early stage, prostate cancer is often asymptomatic. Further, the development of the disease is accompanied by symptoms similar to prostate adenoma and prostatitis.
The third stage is characterized by:
- pain in the perineum
- decreased erection.
At the final stage, metastases appear in the bones and organs adjacent to the gland.
It is treated exclusively by surgical intervention in a medical institution. Read more about various tumors in our article.
Represents the formation of areas of the prostate filled with fluid. Often, cysts in the prostate do not appear until they are accidentally detected during an organ examination. At this stage, doctors prefer observation, prescribe medications.
For disorders of urination and erection, a puncture is prescribed: the cavities are punctured, a special solution is injected into them. With large sizes of cavities, suppurations, an operation is prescribed.
Stones in the prostate
They arise from stagnation of the secretion of the prostate due to inflammation of the gland, as complications after injuries and operations, sometimes penetrate from the kidneys. In their pure form, prostate stones do not show themselves. But with the penetration of infection, microorganisms settle on them, which leads to consequences and symptoms similar to bacterial prostatitis.
Treatment of the prostate in men - medications:
- taking antibiotics
- anti-inflammatory drugs
- folk remedies
- laser removal.
With sclerosis (fibrosis), the prostate shrinks due to degeneration of the glandular and proliferation of connective tissue, which causes the ureter and seminal ducts to squeeze.
As a result, the patient:
- sex drive disappears,
- there are pains in the perineum,
- urinary retention
- sluggish stream of urine
- the bladder is not completely empty.
Sclerosis usually develops from chronic prostatitis in the absence of treatment, weakened immunity, allergies, mechanical effects on the gland.
It is distinguished from prostatitis and adenoma by diagnosis with:
- Prostate TRUS (ultrasound of the prostate through the rectum)
- X-ray of the prostate
- MRI of the prostate.
A dangerous disease occurs in middle-aged men.
Purely medical treatment of the prostate gland is useless, surgical intervention is necessary. But even it does not guarantee a cure. If untimely measures are taken, the disease leads to a lack of potency, infertility, and prostate cancer.
With an abscess, a portion of the gland tissue is suppressed from an infectious disease of the gland against the background of hypothermia, venous stasis, decreased immunity, and diabetes.
- perineal pain
- difficulty urinating
- general body poisoning,
- temperature up to forty and above,
- severe chills
- pain during urination, bowel movements,
- the formation of roundness over the pubis,
- with an abscess breakthrough - pus in urine and feces.
With prostatitis and other infectious diseases of the prostate
Indications - the presence of infection, bacterial, viral or fungal.
Contraindications - resistance to this type of antibiotic, alcohol intake.
When choosing an antibiotic, it should be understood that there are a huge number of them, and all of them somehow help to destroy harmful microorganisms. Broad-spectrum anabiotics act on any pathogens, but much more effective are the prostate medicines, tailored by the creators for specific microorganisms. Specialized antibiotics fight excellent against certain types of microbes, but also usually have a wide spectrum of action.
Random, randomly taking antibiotics only harms the treatment. Microbes adapt to new brands faster than pharmaceutical companies manage to change them.
What you read in the reference book about a very effective medicine of twenty years ago is most likely hopelessly outdated today.
Individual addiction also occurs in the body of a particular patient, if he had previously used this antibiotic.
The choice of a specific type of antibiotic depends on the type of pathogen detected. Identify it by laboratory methods.
Therefore, good doctors are not in a hurry to prescribe an antibiotic, first they prescribe an analysis of prostate juice in order to identify the pathogen. After this, another analysis is done to determine the response of this pathogen specifically in the body of this patient to a number of antibiotics most suitable for its extermination.
General recommendations for taking antibiotics:
- Antibiotics exterminate not only harmful microorganisms, but also native microflora. After taking them, it is recommended that you take probiotics to restore it.
- Antibiotics sometimes cause allergies, candidiasis. If there is one, a course of antihistamines is prescribed to treat the prostate in men.
- Prolonged (more than two weeks) taking antibiotics destroys the liver. Against this, a course of hepatoprotectors is prescribed.
- Tablets for the prostate are taken with food. Antibiotics destroy the lining of the stomach. A snack will save you from an ulcer.
- It is FORBIDDEN to lower dosages arbitrarily, stopping the intake, even if you think that you have recovered and there is no need to be treated further. If you do so, the unfinished enemy will return!
Acute infectious prostatitis is treated with specialized antibiotics in three to five weeks with timely treatment. The effect after taking medication for the prostate in men is already felt in the first days. If you follow the medication regimen, the patient fully recovers. At the end of the course, they re-take tests. If pathogens are detected, the course is repeated.
In acute bacterial infections, usually treated with fluoroquinolones. They are effective against many bacteria, penetrate well into the gland and accumulate in it.
How to treat prostate in men - drugs?
Prostate Treatment - Medications:
Cefotaxime It is highly effective, do not have side effects. "Norfloxacin", in addition to fighting infection, have an immunomodulating effect.
"Zovirax", "Herpevir" used for viral infection of the prostate.
More antibiotics for the treatment of prostatitis:
Antibiotics of all these types are taken in the form of injections (most effective), rectal suppositories, tablets.
If the patient did not recover, was treated incorrectly, the disease becomes chronic. It is much more difficult to cure. The patient will feel the first results only after a few weeks. The courses are repeated repeatedly, sometimes with interruptions. Recovery will take up to six months or more, especially if the diet is not followed.
In chronic prostatitis, it is prescribed:
They are especially effective for congestive inflammation: the pathogenic flora intensively develops precisely against the background of accumulation of secretion. The accumulation of antibiotics in the gland helps prevent relapse.
To defeat prostatitis, six groups of antibiotics are used:
Broad spectrum of action:
The oldest group of antibiotics that has been well studied. Doctors love to prescribe them for the treatment of the prostate: here you will not be mistaken. But in most of their effectiveness is lower than that of modern tools.
Amoxiclav - powder, tablets, oral suspension. A single dose of 250-500 mg, daily - up to 2000 mg, that is, three to four times a day.
Amoxicillin - tablets. A single dose is 500-1000 mg, daily - up to 3000 mg, that is, three to four times a day.
They are used when a specific causative agent of prostate disease has not been identified.
Gentamicin is an injection only. 2-5 mg per kilogram of patient weight, one to three times a day.
Kanamycin is just an injection. A single dose of 500 mg, daily 1000-2000 mg. 2-4 times a day.
5-NOC - dragees. A single dose of 100-200 mg, daily up to 800 mg. 4 times a day. Macrolides
Their advantages are low toxicity, they accumulate in the tissues of the prostate and continue to act for a long time.
Josamycin - tablets. A single dose is 250 mg, 500 mg, 750 mg, daily - 1000-2000 mg. Thrice a day.
Azithromycin - tablets, powder for injection. A single dose of 150, 300 mg, daily - 300, 600 mg. Once or twice a day.
They are used against anaerobic infections of the prostate, proteus, hemophilic bacillus, streptococcus, staphylococcus.
Ceftriaxone - only injections intramuscularly, intravenously. They inject 1000-2000 mg once a day.
Cefuroxime - only injections intramuscularly, intravenously. A single dose of 750-1500 mg, daily 2000-6000 mg. Prick three times a day. Tetracyclines
Against chlamydia, mycoplasma.
Tetracycline - tablets. A single dose - 250 mg, daily - up to 1000 mg. 4 times a day.
Doxycycline - tablets. A single dose - 100 mg, daily - 200 mg. Twice a day. Fluoroquinolones
No drugs of choice. They penetrate perfectly into the tissue of the prostate and accumulate there. Good against gram + and gram bacteria, chlamydia, ureaplasma, mycoplasma gardnerella.
Oflaxacin - 200 mg, 400 mg capsules. Once a day.
Ciprofloxacin - tablets, injections. A single dose of 200 mg, 400 mg. Daily - up to 800 mg. Twice a day.
With prostate adenoma
Levorin There is evidence of the effectiveness of taking this antibiotic to reduce prostate adenoma, dysuric phenomena, and subjective well-being.
Tablets 500 000 UNITS, cheek pills for sucking 500 000 UNITS. brown, sweet, with the taste of cocoa, vanillin.
In the package - 25, 50, 100 pieces. Tablets are taken orally 4 times a day. The course is three months. Two weeks after graduation, the course can be repeated.
Contraindicated in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, ulcers. When taking, you need to monitor its effect on the liver
Do not try to prescribe antibiotic treatment of the prostate, based on the foregoing. An ideal scheme that suits everyone does not exist. An individual treatment regimen will be determined only by a doctor.
Even a glass of wine at dinner will neutralize the effects of antibiotics. Join sobriety society for the treatment period.
Differentiation of prostate diseases during diagnosis is a determining factor for effective treatment. In this case, it is important to abandon common misconceptions, for example, that adenoma is a complication of chronic prostatitis that will occur if it is not treated. Correct determination of the type of disease will help to accurately determine the medicines for treatment.